Red Cross Philadelphia provides thorough nurse assistant skills training such as taking and recording patient’s blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration and other skills. It also involves the daily certified nurse assistant activities, techniques to assist patients, recording vital medical information, and emergency responding.
It is a four week certified nurse assistant red cross training approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. What’s good about this is the Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) provides one instructor for ten students, which means, the instructor can have a better hands on training with the student. The program costs $1,300.
Red Cross has their own set of requirements and the next set training would be on August 26, 2013. Here is the information from the Red Cross Certified Nurse Assistant Training in Philadelphia.
During Red Cross CNA training, students learn nursing skills, including: taking and recording the patient’s blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, and respirations. Students assist residents with the activities of daily living, including bathing and hygiene, using the toilet, and exercise. Students apply safe and correct techniques to assist patients with moving, walking, and positioning; recording vital information on specific medical forms and bedside charts, and responding properly to emergencies.
- 4-week Red Cross CNA course approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- All nursing supplies are provided with the exception of uniforms. Students also need to have a wrist watch with a second hand.
- Nursing Assistant Training (NAT) clinical classes have a one instructor per ten students ratio.
- The cost of taking the Nurse Assistant Competency Certification Exam is included in the tuition.
- Students enrolled in the NAT program are required to pay a fee of $1,300.00.
- Grants are available – to qualify you must be employed making $8 or less per hour or working 20 hours or less per week.
- For questions or to register for an orientation session, please contact (215) 405-8536
Attend a mandatory orientation session. Call to register (215) 405-8536
Pass a reading test
Have a criminal history report free of prohibitive offenses. If the individual has not been a resident of Pennsylvania for the last two years, he or she must obtain an FBI check via email@example.com
Complete a physical with a 2-step Mantoux
Women who are pregnant must have a signed form from their OB physician stating that they are able to meet the occupational responsibilities
The occupational responsibilities of the candidate may involve having full use of their hands, the ability to stand for extensive periods of time, able to perform bending, pushing, pulling and be able to lift and move between 35 – 50 lbs.
The candidate must be 16 years of age before taking the Pennsylvania NAT Examination. Some nursing home facilities may require the candidate to be at least 18 years of age.
To know the complete details about the program, click here.
Don’t forget to read the personal story of Karen Matthews featured in the article because it is a complete overview of what the Red Cross America’s Certified Nurse Assistant Training program offers.