To be a certified nurse assistant, you have to pass the state examination for nurse assistant after completing the weeks training from accredited cna training program. Nurse assistant certification is like a license for you to work as a nurse’s aide. Others might question the need for them to pass the state given examination because they already pass the training program. Well, it makes sense, yes. But the reason behind that is because every quality of training differs from school to school. The government’s role is to make sure that you are qualified to do the job by assessing your skills through a standard test set by the state. Remember, health care profession is a job that needs to be ordained like engineering. It is for the protection of all citizens living in a specific place.
To be a state certified nurse assistant also has many advantages and I already discussed it from my previous post. You should prepare for that in order for you not to waste another time and money. It comes in two parts. Written and actual skills test.
There might be questions that will appear in your examination and what you have to do is use a common sense in order to figure out the answer. Now, we would like you to answer these questions provided by testpreview.com. These are just practice questions and we believe that this will help you pass the nurse assistant certification examination.
1. If a patient refuses a treatment and the CNA attempts to perform it anyway, what could the CNA be charged with?
c. Either A or B
d. Neither A nor B
2. A CNA who forgets to lock the wheels on a wheelchair (which results in a subsequent fall) could be charged with:
3. If a CNA observes the nursing supervisor acting in a negligent way, what should she do?
a. Speak with the doctor in charge of the patient.
b. Follow the institution’s chain of command to determine who to report the behavior to.
c. Go to the institution’s president of nursing to report the behavior.
d. Confront the nursing supervisor directly.
4. If a CNA begins to suspect that a patient is being abused by a family member, what should she do?
a. Report it to the charge nurse.
b. Report it to the police.
c. Ignore it because the nurse and doctor probably suspect it too.
d. Confront the suspected abuser.
5. Who is the most important member of the health care team?
a. The nurse
b. The patient
c. The physician
d. The CNA
6. What is the minimum number of hours of continuing education that a CNA should complete each year?
7. What is the BEST way for a CNA to assist during a code?
a. Administer emergency medications according to the physician’s instructions.
b. Document the events.
c. Speak with the family and answer their questions about what is happening.
d. Retrieve emergency equipment, including the code cart or intubation box, and carry out other assigned tasks that fall within a CNA’s scope of practice.
8. A patient’s daughter is requesting to perform morning care for her mother. The patient is okay with the request, and it has been cleared with the charge nurse. What should the CNA do?
a. Refuse to let the daughter assist.
b. Allow her to perform the morning care and leave the room to provide privacy.
c. Allow her to assist with morning care, but stay in the room to ensure it is being done correctly.
d. Request that the nurse supervise the patient’s daughter.
9. When the CNA is informed of an admission, what is her responsibility?
a. Prepare the room, including the linens, gowns, and other necessary equipment.
b. Complete the admissions interview.
c. Make sure the patient’s medications have been received from the pharmacy and are correct.
d. Coordinate the patient’s care with the rest of the treatment team.
10. Which of the following is NOT a reason for a CNA to refuse an assignment?
a. The CNA feels the task is unethical.
b. Performing the task would cause harm to the CNA.
c. The CNA had a serious disagreement with the patient’s family the day before.
d. The assignment is outside the CNA’s scope of practice.
You can check if your answers are correct here and read the explanation.
Don’t forget to watch their video about the cna exam procedures on moving patients as it will help you even more. Remember, if you encounter questions that you didn’t know or not even discussed in training, you should use your common sense to figure that out.